Better JPEG library
The Better JPEG library allows for rapid development of applications capable of lossless / nearly lossless processing of JPEG images. Lossless modification of JPEG images is now standard for applications performing such image manipulations as rotation, flip, crop or partial image modifications (adding text or dates, EXIF imprint, watermark, red-eye reduction, hot-pixel removal, retouching, and so on). The Better JPEG editor is a good example of an application that utilizes the Better JPEG library.
The library is available as a DLL module for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and provides a high level programming interface, which makes it easy to use from a variety of development environments, and programming languages, such as C, C++, C#, VB, Delphi, etc.
The Better JPEG library features:
- Lossless JPEG Transformations - Rotation, Flip
- Lossless JPEG Crop
- Lossless JPEG Canvas enlargement
- Partial JPEG modification without full recompression. The client application simply modifies a bitmap; the library automatically identifies the changes and recompresses changed areas
- Embedded Undo/Redo support
- EXIF support (access to parameters, thumbnail refresh)
- Compression optimization
The Better JPEG Library License Agreement
- The Better JPEG Library is copyrighted material. This includes the source code, object code, dlls, examples and documentation.
- The Better JPEG Library may not be used in commercial or non-commercial applications unless the application author has obtained an access key from the Better JPEG Team.
- The Single Developer License grants the right to use a single copy of the library to a single software developer on a single computer.
- You may distribute the library as a part of your application without additional royalties
subject to the following conditions:
- You may not use the BetterJPEG Library in any product that directly competes with the library. This includes, but is not limited to, wrapping the library functions in other programming languages or interfaces.
- You must assume full and complete responsibility and liability for the use of the Better JPEG Library in your products.
- You may not reverse compile, modify, translate or disassemble compiled parts of the library in whole or in part.
- The Better JPEG library is provided on an as-is basis. The Better JPEG Team specifically disclaims all warranties, including without limitation, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of third party rights. Under no circumstances will the Better JPEG Team be liable for special, incidental, consequential, indirect, or any other damages or claims arising from the use of this product, including loss of profits or any other commercial damages, even if the BetterJPEG Team has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Free evaluation of Better JPEG library
A free trial version of the Better JPEG library is available. The evaluation copy of the library is fully functional but can only be used for evaluation purpose during a 30-day evaluation period.